Today, the role of the network is more critical than ever before. Network performance is now a key driver of operational performance across the entire organization. This means you need a high-performance network to fuel your mission-critical applications. One that delivers limitless possibilities today, tomorrow, and well into the future.
Lightower is the premier provider of customized, all-fiber solutions that strategically align to your business goals. As your Strategic Network Partner, we’ll provide your organization with limitless network, limitless performance, and limitless support.
Lightower delivers high-performance networks that are diverse, flexible, and scalable up to 100 Gbps. From Wavelengths, Video Transport, and Dark Fiber to Ethernet, Internet Access, and Private Networks, we deliver access and bandwidth where it is needed throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, and Midwest.
Since we also own the network on which we deliver our solutions, Lightower can build customized and unique solutions, and provide a level of customer support, that other carriers simply cannot match.
With over 20 years of experience, Lightower is committed to the highest level of service and support, which is demonstrated by our simple provisioning process, dedicated customer managers, and an overall company culture that believes the customer comes first.
What makes us different?
Quick Network Facts:
- 15,000+ service locations
- 30,000+ fiber route miles
- 250+ connected data centers
- 40+ connected financial exchanges
- 11 Lightower colocation centers
- 500+ carrier hotels and central offices
- 5,000+ wireless towers
Differentiation and Network Diversity:
- Lightower owns and operates its dense all-fiber network; this allows us to ensure up to 99.999% availability across our network and allows us to build custom solutions for customers
- We have the highest fiber density and building count of any metro fiber provider in the Northeast
- We provide our customers with award-winning customer support and industry-leading emergency response
- Lightower is the leading network provider in the financial services space; the company’s network carries trillions of dollars in trades each day, more than any other service provider
- Our Xtreme Ultra-Low Latency Network delivers the lowest latency routes between critical exchanges and data centers in New York, New Jersey, and Chicago
- Lightower’s Transcom Route is the only diverse route along the I-95 corridor down the East Coast from NY/NJ to Ashburn, VA; this route can bypass New York City and Washington, DC if required by customers
- Lightower’s commitment to connect to every major data center within its footprint enables the company to be a critical player in content distribution and Cloud services market. We connect to 250+ data centers and 500+ central offices and telecom hotels. In addition, we are an Amazon Web Services Direct Connect partner.
- We are connected to stadiums and arenas, media venues, video distribution hubs, and broadcast centers throughout the eastern U.S.
- Our Ultimate Media Platform uniquely offers venue connectivity and video transport across the Northeast; available on demand, this solution supports multiple video formats including uncompressed HD
- Lightower offers 6 diverse routes connecting the New York Metro (NY/NJ) with New England providing the option to bypass New York City
- We utilize 16 different river crossing and two unique utility conduits throughout the New York Metro Area
- Our newest Hudson River crossing is diverse from the Tappan Zee Bridge (which is now under construction)
- Lightower offers unique options for network routes and building access utilizing utility rights-of-way and conduit throughout New York, New England, and down the east coast
- Besides operating a dense fiber network in Chicago, Lightower provides the lowest latency route between Chicago and Aurora, IL and diversely connects those two locations to the region’s largest data center hub in Elk Grove Village, IL
- Lightower operates a robust 1,000 mile fiber network throughout Virginia connecting major cities, government and military facilities, and data centers
- We operate a core network that includes metropolitan areas such as: Albany NY, Ashburn VA, Atlantic City NJ, Aurora IL, Baltimore MD, Boston MA, Buffalo NY, Burlington VT, Chicago IL, Cincinnati OH, Cleveland OH, Columbus OH, Dayton OH, Detroit MI, Hartford CT, Indianapolis IN, Long Island NY, Louisville KY, Manchester NH, Nashua NH, New York City, Newark NJ, Newburgh NY, New Haven CT, Philadelphia PA, Pittsburgh PA, Portland ME, Portsmouth NH, Poughkeepsie NY, Princeton NJ, Providence RI, Raleigh NC, Richmond VA, Rochester NY, Springfield MA, Syracuse NY, Toledo OH, Washington D.C., White Plains NY, and Worcester MA.
- Lightower’s long haul network goes coast to coast with points of presence in Boston MA, New York City NY, Washington D.C., Atlanta GA, Phoenix AZ, San Diego CA, Los Angeles CA, San Francisco CA, Sacramento CA, Denver CO, Chicago IL
- Lightower offers best-in-the-industry customer support that is recognized by annual awards from industry experts
- Lightower provides customers with the most senior solution oriented account teams in the industry designed to ensure customer needs are being met; these teams include an Executive Sponsor, Account Manager, Sales Engineer, and Customer Account Managers
- Our expert sales engineers and network planning personnel specialize in designing custom, high-performance networks to support any application
- Our field operations and fiber engineering teams are tightly connected with the community and regulatory infrastructure in their markets ensuring efficient and timely completion of local network enhancements and customer projects
- Lightower operates two physically diverse Network Operations Centers; our facilities and personnel are dedicated to the uptime of the network and customers have direct NOC access through our toll-free number
- We assign a dedicated project manager (and single point of contact) from contract to installation with dedicated customer account managers post-installation.
- Lightower’s Emergency Response Team (aLERT) leads the industry in network availability and customer support during emergencies
Awards and Certifications
- Annual awards from Atlantic-ACM for Brand, Sales, Provisioning, Network, and Customer Support
- Five consecutive awards for best-in-class service from Atlantic-ACM with additional recognition from Infoworld 100 and Capacity Media
- The technologies that drive Lightower’s Ethernet services are MEF Certified
- Lightower is SSAE16 Certified (Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements No. 16)