High-Performance Networks for
Bandwidth Intensive Applications
Applications, data, and content drive business today. Whether stored in a data center, delivered via a cloud service, or communicated between corporate locations, the network, and the technology within it, plays a critical role in how customers efficiently operate, scale, and grow.
Lightower delivers high-performance networks that are diverse, scalable and flexible. The company specializes in delivering fiber-based, customized, high capacity communication services (from 10 Mbps to 100 Gbps) that ensure optimal application and business performance. From Wavelengths, Video Transport, and Dark Fiber to Ethernet and Internet Access, the company delivers bandwidth and access where it is needed throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, and Chicago Metro with connectivity to critical landing points internationally.
Because we own and operate our all-fiber network, Lightower can build customized and unique solutions to serve the needs of the enterprise (financial services, content, healthcare, media, government, etc), data center, and carrier markets.
With 20 years of experience, Lightower is committed to the highest level of service and support with dedicated customer managers, network operations facilities, and a company culture that believes the customer comes first.
What makes us different?
Quick Network Facts:
- 8,500+ service locations
- 20,000+ fiber route miles
- 175+ connected data centers
- 40 connected financial exchanges
- 18 Lightower colocation centers
- 250+ carrier hotels and central offices
Differentiation and Network Diversity:
- Lightower owns and operates its dense all-fiber network; this allows us to ensure up to 99.999% availability across our network and allows us to build custom solutions for customers
- We have the highest fiber density and building count of any metro fiber provider in the Northeast
- Our network is actively carrying 100 Gbps customer traffic and serves customer needs from 10 Mbps to 100 Gbps
- Lightower is the leading network provider in the financial services space; the company’s network carries trillions of dollars in trades each day, more than any other service provider
- Our Xtreme Ultra-Low Latency Network delivers the lowest latency routes between critical exchanges and data centers in NY, NJ, and Chicago
- Lightower’s Transcom Route is the only diverse route along the I-95 corridor down the East Coast from NY/NJ to Ashburn, VA; this route can bypass New York City and Washington, DC if required by customers
- Lightower’s commitment to connect to every major data center within its footprint enables the company to be a critical player in content distribution and Cloud services market; the company connects to over 175+ data centers, 18 colocation centers, and over 250+ central offices and telecom hotels
- We are connected to stadiums and arenas, media venues, video distribution hubs, and broadcast centers throughout the Northeast
- Our Ultimate Media Platform uniquely offers venue connectivity and video transport across the Northeast; available on demand, this solution supports multiple video formats including uncompressed HD
- Lightower offers 6 diverse routes connecting the New York Metro (NY/NJ) with New England providing the option to bypass New York City
- We utilize 16 different river crossing and two unique utility conduits throughout the New York Metro Area
- Our newest Hudson River crossing is diverse from the Tappan Zee Bridge (which is now under construction)
- Lightower offers unique options for network routes and building access utilizing utility rights-of-way and conduit throughout New York, New England, and down the east coast
- Besides operating a dense fiber network in Chicago, Lightower provides the lowest latency route between Chicago and Aurora, IL and diversely connects those two locations to the region’s largest data center hub in Elk Grove Village, IL
- Lightower operates a robust 1,000 mile fiber network throughout Virginia connecting major cities, government and military facilities, and data centers
- We operate a core network that includes metropolitan areas such as: Albany NY, Ashburn VA, Aurora IL, Baltimore MD, Boston MA, Burlington VT, Chicago IL, Hartford CT, Long Island NY, Manchester NH, Nashua NH, New York City, Newark NJ, New Haven CT, Philadelphia PA, Portland ME, Portsmouth NH, Poughkeepsie NY, Princeton NJ, Providence RI, Springfield MA, Washington D.C., and White Plains NY
- Lightower’s long haul network goes coast to coast with points of presence in Boston MA, New York City NY, Washington D.C., Atlanta GA, Phoenix AZ, San Diego CA, Los Angeles CA, San Francisco CA, Sacramento CA, Denver CO, Chicago IL
- Lightower provides customers with the most senior solution oriented account teams in the industry designed to ensure customer needs are being met; these teams include an Executive Sponsor, Account Manager, Sales Engineer, and Customer Account Managers
- Our expert sales engineers and network planning personnel specialize in designing custom, high-performance networks to support any application
- Our field operations and fiber engineering teams are tightly connected with the community and regulatory infrastructure in their markets ensuring efficient and timely completion of local network enhancements and customer projects
- Lightower operates two physically diverse Network Operations Centers; our facilities and personnel are dedicated to the uptime of the network and customers have direct NOC access through our toll-free number
- We assign a dedicated project manager (and single point of contact) from contract to installation with dedicated customer account managers post-installation.
- Lightower’s Emergency Response Team (aLERT) leads the industry in network availability and customer support during emergencies
Awards and Certifications
- Five consecutive awards for best-in-class service from Atlantic-ACM with additional recognition from Infoworld 100 and Capacity Media
- The technologies that drive Lightower’s Ethernet services are MEF Certified
- Lightower is SSAE16 Certified (Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements No. 16)