Bandwidth-Intensive Applications Demand High-Performance Connectivity
In an always connected society where more new content was created in the last two years than all previous years combined, enterprise and service providers alike require high-performance capacity for bandwidth-intensive applications as part of their day-to-day operations.
From service providers interconnecting their backbones, to universities performing R&D, to financials facilitating electronic trading, the flood of bandwidth-intensive applications is driving a real and intense need for optical wavelength services to accommodate them. Add in the requirements for back-up and recovery at data centers and access to Cloud services and it becomes very clear why wavelengths have become a popular service option for our customers.
Lightower’s optical Wavelength Service relieves capacity constraints and opens the door to high performance networks that improve application performance.
Offered as a fully managed, private, point-to-point service, Lightower Wavelengths are delivered over a state-of-the-art Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM) network that can scale with the growth of your business.
Learn more about Lightower Optical Wavelength Services:
Optical Wavelengths Benefits
Flexible, Affordable, Reliable
When capital is constrained or when longer distances make Dark Fiber a poor fit, Lightower Wavelengths provide a turnkey solution, balancing the infrastructure and economics required to take your business operation or application to the next level.
Lightower’s Wavelength is a “virtual fiber” service, providing dedicated, high capacity spectrum. The service has multiple protection options for mission critical applications and high availability requirements. Lightower optical Wavelength services are also available in ultra-low and low latency configurations for real-time applications like video conferencing, media, content distribution and financial services transactions.
Lightower’s Wavelength Service is backed by many best-in-class benefits:
- Secure: Point-to-point dedicated bandwidth
- Scalable: Increase capacity as requirements grow
- Easy to Deploy: Dark fiber features with the ease of a lit service
- Cost Effective: Low capital, economical, bulk point-to-point bandwidth
- Fully Managed: Proactively monitored services ensures high availability and reduces network management requirements and resources
- Customizable: Protected and unprotected configurations available
- Diverse Routes: Lightower’s network leverages unique, utility rights-of-way to improve network reliability and survivability
- Supports Multiple Protocols: Seamless support for IP, Ethernet, SONET, and SAN services
- Standards-based: DWDM equipment ensures multi-vendor interoperability
Wavelength Services Features
Extension of LAN Infrastructures for WAN, MAN or SAN Connectivity
Lightower’s Wavelength services provide dedicated bandwidth to guarantee performance when you need it at rates from 1 Gbps up to 100 Gbps. Our private, geographically diverse fiber network, along with optional diverse circuit design, provides a robust solution for business continuity alternatives. Lightower monitors its network 24×7 to ensure reliability and responsiveness.
Lightower’s Wavelength Service includes the following:
- Flexible, transparent bandwidth that supports most major protocols
- Protected and unprotected configurations available
- Diverse fiber routes available
- Dedicated bandwidth at full line rate
- 24×7 network surveillance
||OTU 1-4 Fiber Channel, 1 GigE, 10 GigE, 40 GigE, 100 GigE, OC-x
||Open interfaces support all major transport protocols: Ethernet, IP, SONET, Fiber Channel, SAN, SD/HD-Video
|Optional Route Diversity
||Implement service on multiple routes to further ensure the highest availability possible
|Optional Optical Protection on Diverse Routes
||Switching between active and back-up paths limit the impact of network events
||Available both with the metro and on the long haul network
|Bit Error Rate
|Error Free Seconds
|Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
Specific protection and performance metrics will be determined by your solution design and your Lightower Service Level Agreement.