Lightower: Beyond Access and Capacity
Lightower utilizes its proven and diverse network architecture as the foundation for carriers that require a seamless extension of their networks. A comprehensive suite of services including Dark Fiber, Ethernet, IP, SONET, and Wavelength services provides the flexibility to align your requirements with the most cost-effective service option.
Lightower delivers what you need—on time and under budget—with a level of service that eliminates the headaches and response delays often found when interconnecting networks. This approach has earned Lightower top honors and a number of industry-sponsored awards, including three 2011 Best-in-Class Metro Wholesale Carrier Excellence Awards from ATLANTIC-ACM.
Experience that Counts
Lightower has been working with industry-leading carriers for over 20 years. Carriers trust Lightower for its expertise, diversity, efficiency and comprehensive network services that are the industry standard for successful network partnerships. Every day, Lightower delivers cost-effective, custom solutions backed by superior industry expertise, services and support.
Wholesale Central Office Connectivity
Lightower’s Central Office (CO) Access Service provides wholesale, high bandwidth Private Line connectivity to key Incumbent Exchange Carrier (ILEC) COs for carriers and service providers in the enterprise market. This service allows carriers to expand their addressable market by leveraging Lightower’s high capacity network and CO presence.
Lightower’s CO Access Service can support multiple service types including voice, data and video. Connectivity includes Wavelength services offered at 1.25, 2.5, 10, 40, and 100 Gbps optical wavelength capacity, as well as Ethernet service from 10 Mbps to 100 Gbps. SONET also is available when requested. Carriers can interconnect to Lightower from their colocation within the Central Office, or order ILEC services directly to the Lightower presence in the CO for virtual colocation.
Central Office Access Service is Ideal for Carriers and Service Providers Who Want to:
- Aggregate traffic from their presence in the CO over Lightower’s fully protected DWDM network.
- Create a virtual presence in a CO by utilizing Lightower’s presence to aggregate traffic back to a central location/carrier hotel.
- Cross Local Access and Transport Area (LATA) boundaries with aggregated traffic via a single carrier.
What Sets Us Apart?
Lightower focuses on providing its customers with a partnership they can count on. It is based on experience, with over 20 years of success working with many high-profile carriers. Our support and network management services allow carriers to reduce headaches associated with managing multiple network partners.
With a combination of unique routes and access to large metropolitan areas, as well as regional and remote locations along the Northeast corridor, Lightower gives carriers the coverage they need.
Download our Network Map
The Lightower Difference:
- Wireless Carrier Expertise: Virtually all wireless calls originating/terminating in the Northeast at one point traverse the Lightower network.
- Lightower’s Transcom Route is the only high-performance route that’s completely diverse from the East Coast I-95 corridor between the New York Metro and Ashburn, VA. It’s is located between 30 and 50 miles North of the I-95 corridor.
- 100G-Service: Lightower has deployed best-in-class network equipment that can easily scale to 100 Gbps.
- Virginia Expansion: Lightower has built a 1,000 mile network connecting assets in Northern Virginia with all major cities in Southern Virginia, expanding our reach by 1,000 fiber miles for carrier customers.
- Data Center Connectivity: With connectivity to 250+ data centers, 40+ financial exchanges, 11 colocation centers, and 500+ central offices and carrier hotels, Lightower provides the access to critical exchange and connectivity points.
- NYC and Washington, DC Bypass: Lightower has the ability to bypass NYC through our Transcom Route and NYC through our deep fiber footprint and connectivity options on Long Island.
- International Connectivity: With both standard latency and low latency connections to Toronto, CA and London, UK, Lightower can connect you to important exchange points internationally.
Recognized by ATLANTIC-ACM, Lightower consistently earns a Best-in-Class Excellence Award for exceptional customer support and service. Currently, Lightower’s ever-expanding network provides:
- 15,000+ service locations
- 30,000+ fiber route miles
- 250+ connected data centers
- 40+ connected financial exchanges
- 11 Lightower colocation centers
- 500+ central offices and carrier hotels
- Access to key metropolitan areas such as: Albany NY, Ashburn VA, Atlantic City NJ, Aurora IL, Baltimore MD, Boston MA, Buffalo NY, Burlington VT, Chicago IL, Cincinnati OH, Cleveland OH, Columbus OH, Dayton OH, Detroit MI, Hartford CT, Indianapolis IN, Long Island NY, Louisville KY, Manchester NH, Nashua NH, New York City, Newark NJ, Newburgh NY, New Haven CT, Philadelphia PA, Pittsburgh PA, Portland ME, Portsmouth NH, Poughkeepsie NY, Princeton NJ, Providence RI, Raleigh NC, Richmond VA, Rochester NY, Springfield MA, Syracuse NY, Toledo OH, Washington D.C., White Plains NY, and Worcester MA.