Efficient Delivery of Content Across High-Performance Networks
There’s no question that content is king. Social networks, news, and media companies distribute posts, blogs, videos, updates, images, tweets, news, and many other types of data to billions of people around the world every minute of every hour of every day. Every one of our personal computing devices, at work or home, can access and interact with this data.
All of this content needs to be stored and distributed—that’s where Lightower comes in.
With over 25 years of experience, Lightower offers a comprehensive suite of services that deliver the bandwidth needed to support key content distribution applications. Our network is supports bandwidth options up to 100 Gbps, provides unique and diverse routes, and we’re connected to over 275+ data centers throughout our footprint.
Lightower is also proud to partner with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure, enabling direct, all-fiber connectivity to both cloud providers with our Cloud Connect solutions.
Providing Access to a World of Data
Today, Lightower delivers massivily scalable bandwidth to social media and content distribution companies between Ashburn, VA (the third largest content hub in the world), New York, New Jersey, Boston, Chicago, and many points between.
Lightower’s scalable, diverse, and reliable network can meet the growing demands of your customers by providing not just the high-perfomance bandwidth required, but also access to the largest data center parks in our footprint—over 275 of them. We understand that your customers want fast access to a world of data, and our network ensures that the finest customer experience is delivered.
Lightower’s Unique Network Attributes:
- Data Center Connectivity: With connectivity to 275+ data centers, 40+ financial exchanges, 12 colocation centers, and 500+ carrier hotels, Lightower provides the access to critical exchange and connectivity points.
- 100G-Service: Lightower has deployed best-in-class network equipment that can easily scale to 100 Gps.
- Lightower’s Transcom Route is the only high-performance route that’s completely diverse from the East Coast I-95 corridor between the New York Metro and Ashburn, VA. It’s is located between 30 and 50 miles North of the I-95 corridor.
- Virginia Expansion: Lightower has built a 1000 mile network connecting assets in Northern Virginia with all major cities in Southern Virginia, expanding our reach by 1000 fiber miles for carrier customers.
- NYC and Washington, DC Bypass: Lightower has the ability to bypass NYC through our Transcom Route and NYC through our deep fiber footprint and connectivity options on Long Island.
- International Connectivity: With both standard latency and low latency connections to Toronto, CA and London, UK, Lightower can connect you to important exchange points internationally.
Recognized by ATLANTIC-ACM, Lightower consistently earns a Best-in-Class Excellence Award for exceptional customer support and service. Currently, Lightower’s ever-expanding network provides:
- 22,000+ service locations
- 33,000+ fiber route miles
- 275+ connected data centers
- 40 connected financial exchanges
- 12 colocation centers
- 500+ central offices and carrier hotels
- Access to key metropolitan areas such as: Albany NY, Ashburn VA, Atlantic City NJ, Aurora IL, Baltimore MD, Boston MA, Buffalo NY, Burlington VT, Chicago IL, Cincinnati OH, Cleveland OH, Columbus OH, Dayton OH, Detroit MI, Hartford CT, Indianapolis IN, Long Island NY, Louisville KY, Manchester NH, Nashua NH, New York City, Newark NJ, Newburgh NY, New Haven CT, Philadelphia PA, Pittsburgh PA, Portland ME, Portsmouth NH, Poughkeepsie NY, Princeton NJ, Providence RI, Raleigh NC, Richmond VA, Rochester NY, Springfield MA, Syracuse NY, Toledo OH, Washington D.C., White Plains NY, and Worcester MA.