Low Latency Financial Network Solutions
HFT firms only make up 2-3% of the brokerages, but account for more than 75% of the trading volume in the domestic US. These firms, the arbitrage they execute, and the matching engines they deploy demand an ultra-low latency network solution to ensure that the trade is executed successfully before the competition.
The ability to successfully execute financial transactions in the fastest time possible can mean the difference between millions of dollars earned or lost every day.
Lightower is the undisputed leader among network providers serving the financial services industry carrying trillions of dollars of trades per day. The company is connected to over 40 exchanges and persistently invests in its network to exceed the diversity, availability, and low-latency demands of its customers. With consistent innovative deployments, Lightower fosters strategic-long term relationships with its clients, including NYSE Technologies, whose SFTI global network has relied on Lightower network solutions for over 10 years.
Our commitment to innovation and best-of-class service led us to build and recently upgrade the industry’s most advanced high-speed financial services network—the Xtreme Ultra-Low Latency Network. This game-changing network provides customers with a direct connection between key financial exchanges and major data centers throughout New York, New Jersey and Chicago, which extended low-latency connectivity to London and Toronto.
Did You Know?
By delivering the lowest latency routes possible, the Lightower Xtreme Ultra-Low Latency Network carries trillion of dollars in trades daily. Lightower has operated in the nation’s busiest communications corridor for almost 20 years, providing domestic access to key metropolitan markets including New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia and Chicago, as well as international access to Toronto and London.
The Gold Standard
Given that many of the major financial exchanges are connected to Lightower’s low-latency network, we are proud to say that nearly every trade on Wall Street is carried by Lightower equaling trillions of dollars in trades daily.
But there are a number of other reasons why financial services firms should look to Lightower for their high-performance, low latency financial network solution:
- Exchange & Data Center Connectivity: Lightower is connected to over 40 financial exchanges and 175+ data centers throughout its footprint including critical facilities in New York, New Jersey, Chicago, IL, and Ashburn, VA providing Financial Services firms with access to important back-up and recovery and cloud services locations
- Route Diversity: Diversity has been built into the Lightower network from day 1. For example, the company provides sixteen river crossings out of NYC, delivers the only entirely diverse route from the East Coast I-95 corridor with its Transcom Route to Ashburn, VA, and can provide bypasses of NYC and Washington, DC.
- International Access: Lightower understands the importance of low-latency connectivity to international exchanges. As a result, the company provides low-latency connectivity to London, UK and Toronto, CA today with plans for Sao Paolo, Brazil in the near future.
Whether your business requirements demand high capacity and low-latency or you are responding to the need for greater security and business continuity, Lightower is the gold standard in the financial services industry.
The Lightower Advantage
As the premier provider of high-capacity communications services, Lightower’s scalable solutions eliminate capacity constraints as a financial institution grows, and deliver the flexibility needed to handle major spikes in network traffic.
Recognized by ATLANTIC-ACM, Lightower consistently earns a Best-in-Class Excellence Award for exceptional customer support and service. Currently, Lightower’s ever-expanding network provides:
- 8,500+ service locations
- 20,000+ fiber route miles
- 175+ connected data centers
- 40 connected financial exchanges
- 250+ telco hotels & central offices
- Access to key metropolitan areas such as: Albany, NY; Ashburn, VA; Aurora, IL; Baltimore, MD; Boston, MA; Burlington, VT; Chicago, IL; Hartford, CT; Long Island, NY; Manchester, NH; Nashua, NH; New York City, NY; Newark, NJ; New Haven, CT; Philadelphia, PA; Portland, ME; Portsmouth, NH; Poughkeepsie, NY; Princeton, NJ; Providence, RI; Springfield, MA; Washington, D.C.; and White Plains, NY.
We are committed to ensuring that your connectivity provides you with a strategic competitive advantage.